While I was out and about this Halloween season, I saw a bunch of frighteningly fun Halloween props and decorations I’d like to buy. (Because unlike the Frog Queen or ShellHawk I’m not crafty and need pre-made Halloween decorations to haunt my home with.)
Not surprisingly, a lot of what I liked was zombie-based. A lot…but not all.
Below are my picks for the Halloween props and decorations I thought were the best. I put them in order from 30 on down to my number one fave.
NOTE: Most, but not all, of the ones with “animated” in their titles have videos showing them in action. If they don’t I noted it. If they do, feel free to click through. You’ll be taken to the site where I found them and you’ll see the video link there.
29. Inflatable Black Cat Halloween Mailbox Monster (I also saw an Inflatable Ghost Mailbox Monster and an Inflatable Witch Mailbox Monster too. I thought this would be something fun for people with small children. Spirited without being too scary.)
28. DevilMingoes (And I thought the skelemingoes –which are my next pic– were novel? What will they come up with next year? My vote is still for a zombie gnome!)
27. 2 Halloween Skeleton Yard Flamingos Lawn Decor (I thought these were really clever when I saw them, which was pretty early on in the season. I knew it was going to be a good Halloween when I came across something so unique and fresh!)
26. Animated Haunted Magic Mirror Prop (No video showing this one in action.)
25. Man & Woman Lenticular Tombstones (Their eyes follow you! Creepy coolness!)
24. Zombie Arm Lawn Stakes (I liked these because (1) it’s Zombie related and (2) at only $5.99 they appealed to my thrifty side!)
23. 3 piece Ghostly Group Lawn Decor (I saw yards that had these. They grouped six ghosts together around trees. I thought they looked pretty good really. As good as the ads, which isn’t always the case.)
22. Moving Bag Of Rats (Eeeeewwwwwww!)
21. Animated Body Bag Prop (If the body bag starts rockin’, don’t come a knockin’…run! Like hell!)
20. Animated Rise From the Grave Grim Reaper (This one’s less than $40 even! A pretty good deal because, boy howdy, does it spring up!)
15. Talking Skull Radio (It’s motion activated and broadcasts seven different spooky news bulletins and scary predictions for uneasy listening.)
13. Dearly Departed Animated Tombstone Decoration (The way it moves and what it says reminds me of Disney’s Haunted Mansion ride.)
11. Giant Standing Jester Prop (He’s not even animated, but ack! He’s awful looking doing nothing except hanging around!)
10. Kneeling Geist Girl (Doesn’t it remind you of Carol Ann from Poltergeist? If she hadn’t come away from the light, that is…)
8. Lifesize Haunted Scarecrow Standing Prop (Hmmm, I wonder how he’d work on the rabbits in my garden? Maybe he’d be scary enough to keep them away!)
6. Thrashing Zombie Animated Prop (No video of him doing his thrashing, but the pic sort of gives you the idea.)
5. Lifesize Michael Myers Animatronic (ACK! If I’d seen this on All Hallow’s Eve after all the jello shots I did I would’ve thought Michael Myers popped right off the screen and into real life! This one does have a video. And if the music comes with it and wasn’t added to enhance the effect? Even better!)
4. Animated Lifesize Witch with Fogging Cauldron (She talks, cackles, stirs…a very fun animated witch prop!)
3. Animated Face Ripping Clown Prop (The sum of all clown fears. He’s got a vid too. DON’T watch if you suffer even the slightest bit from coulrophobia. It will not help your condition.)
2. Animated Hovering Ghost (I thought this was going to be a pretty boring one because it was just a sheet sort of decoration. Wrong! I watched the video and was enthralled. It really does hover!)
1. My number 1 is tied for a group of Halloween props rather than just one thing. I absolutely LOVED the Zombie Babies! There were a bunch available for adoption, but if I had to adopt any it would be one of these four:
Evil Ernie Zombie Baby Prop (I particularly liked this one because one of my husband’s nicknames for me is “Ernie.” It could be our zombie baby progeny!)
Slay Time Zombie Baby Prop (A face only a mother could love…blowing to bits if she had any sense!)
Demonica Zombie Baby Prop (I dig the red eyes. Good detail for a demonic baby girl!)
I showed you mine so it’s only right I should ask this I think: What were some of your favorite Halloween decorations this year?