I thought it’d be fun to share some of the neat blogs and posts I’ve come across this Halloween season. So hop on your broom (or saddle up on the back of mine, I’ll make room) and take a Halloween Haunt Jaunt around the blogosphere with me!
STOP 1: FIBERDOODLES
What a wonderful hostess Sharon has been. All the giveaways I did were inspired by the Halloween Blog Party that she threw. (She’d invited other bloggers to participate, so…I did!)
She threw quite the party on her site. Here’s some of my favorite posts (so far, the party’s not quite over yet) of hers:
- Halloween Party ~ Day 2 and some Vintage Costumes
- Halloween Party ~ Day 5 and a few “Sweet Treats” (You might notice that this will be the first of a lot of food-related posts I liked. Ask my friend Chris, whose blog is the next stop, if this surprises her. She knows my penchant for eating –and incorporating it into my writing!)
- Halloween Party ~ Day 7 and a little Pumpkin Whimsy
- Halloween Party ~ Day 10 and Decorating with Pumpkins Outdoors
STOP 2: CANDID CANINE
It’s really hard for me to believe I have never met Christine Verstraete in person because I count her among my dearest friends. I’ve known her for several years now. (Like 7 I want to say. Way back when I was an editor for Without a Clue.)
She was one of the first to call at the beginning of this year when I learned I had cancer. She said, “Hey, if you need me, my shoulder’s just a phone call away.” Her own sister had just been diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks before. She could have easily said, “My plate is full. I’m on cancer overload!” But no. She was there for me to talk with if I needed.
But I don’t just respect and adore her for her friendship alone. She’s a talented author who’s also into minis. On her blog for Halloween she did the 12 Days of Halloween in Miniature. Here’s some of my favorite posts from that. (Keep in mind when you view some of these pics how small these things are. When I say mini, I mean mini! But the detail and design these artists still manage to incorporate anyway…amazing!)
- Halloween in Miniature 2: Fern’s Fun Halloween Foods! They’re not edible, but they still look yummy to me!
- Halloween in Miniature 3: Meet the Skellies!
- Halloween in Miniature 6: Halloween Pumpkins!
- Halloween in Miniature 8: What a Character!
- Halloween in Miniature 10: Amazing Halloween Food (As one of the artists in this post pointed out, making mini anything is an art, but mini food? When you see some of these creations…holy crumb are they impressive!)
STOP 3: GHOST HUNTING THEORIES
Okay, Autumnforest is one rocking blogger (as a lot of you already are well aware). She did something way cool on her blog for Halloween: she graced her readers with Halloween Shorts that she whipped up. In fact, she was so talented Ghost Adventures asked her to submit a story for a contest they were doing…and she won! That one, plus a few others I like are below.
- Evil Walks the Halls (Her winning entry in the Ghost Adventures contest!)
- Halloween Short: Men in Black; The Drones
- Halloween Short: Sleep Disturbance
- Halloween Short: Graveyard Guardians
- Halloween Short: Mad-Lib Style and Halloween Short: Mad Lib #2 (These showcased just how clever, inventive and fun she is. She had some of her regular readers contribute different aspects to concoct these stories! )
Phew. Time to stop off at an Eerie Eatery and fuel up for some more Haunt Jaunting around the blogosphere…