I’m not much of a shopper, but ’tis the season when shopping’s on everyone’s To Do list isn’t it? So, in an effort to make it fun, I thought I’d spend Black Friday preparing for Cyber Monday. (If I can avoid the crowds via the convenience of the Internet to do my shopping, plus save money, you better believe I’m gonna!)
While I’m on my Friday Fun Shopping Spree, I figured I’d share a secret for saving as well as talk about some of my favorite online retailers.
SAVING SECRET: EARN REBATE DOLLARS AT CYBERMONDAY.COM
Maybe it’d be more appropriate to call this one an earning secret. (Because when you shop via this site, you not only save but also earn, which I’ll explain below.)
At any rate, every day is Cyber Monday on this site, not just the day after Thanksgiving. (But for the actual Cyber Monday, as well as Black Friday, it’s a great place to find hourly deals.) This is your one-stop online shopping destination to:
- Find out which online merchants are offering coupons and discounts
- Find out which online merchants are offering free shipping
- Find out which online merchants are offering special holiday deals
- Earn Rebate Dollars (which translates into a check sent to your mailbox every time you accumulate $10 or more in Rebate Dollars) every time you click through to a merchant from their site and buy something
You can find just about any major store (Sears.com, JCPenney.com, Target.com, Nordstrom.com, Walgreens, even Wyndham Hotels & Resorts just to name a slight few) here.
FAVORITE ONLINE MERCHANTS
Starting in September, my husband groans every time he opens the mailbox.
“More catalogs?” he teases me.
I do love my catalogs –or, rather, I love ordering from my catalogs. I always find the perfect gifts for everybody on my list –from the humans to their pets! (Or my own. Pets that is.) And I can shop right from my computer. No crowded parking lots, no packed stores, no standing in lines…ah yes, shopping online is good!
The following catalogs are my top faves:
- Creative Irish Gifts – It satisfies my Celtic tooth.
- Femail Creations – Great place to find gifts for my girl friends.
- Hammacher Schlemmer – I have no idea how to say the name (I just call it Hammer Schammer), but this one has the craziest gifts I don’t see in other catalogs. (Some are outrageous –and outrageously priced– and I could never afford them, but they’re great fun to look at.)
- Personal Creations – Fun stuff, personalized, to make special gifts extra special for the special people in my life.
- The Pyramid Collection – With it’s gifts rooted in myth, magick and fantasy, this is the place I turn when buying for my more open-minded friends.
- Signals – I never expect to find much in its pages, but end up earmarking away like mad!
- Victorian Trading Co. – Oh wow, this catalog indulges the romantic in me. It’s loaded with turn of the century (which it describes as “nouveau Victorian”) gifts and collectibles that takes me back to a time when I’m sure I lived before.
- Wireless – I don’t even know how to describe the products in this catalog. Clever. Witty. Unique. I appreciate the whimsy offered up here. (And so do my friends who never fail to say, “Where on earth did you find that?” to gifts purchased from here.)