According to HauntedHouseRatings.com, the following 13 were voted the Scariest Haunted Houses in the U.S. for 2011:
- Headless Horseman, Ulster Park, New York, www.HeadlessHorseman.com
- Cutting Edge Haunted House, Ft. Worth, TX, www.CuttingEdgeHauntedHouse.com
- Scarehouse, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, www.Scarehouse.com
- The Beast & Edge of Hell, Kansas City, Missouri, www.KCBeast.com
- Night Of Terror, Mullica Hill, New Jersey, www.NightofTerror.com
- Bates Motel, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, www.TheBatesMotel.com
- The Darkness & Creepy World, St. Louis, Missouri, www.ScareFest.com
- Erebus Haunted House, Pontiac, Michigan, www.HauntedPontiac.com
- Netherworld, Atlanta area, Georgia, www.Fearworld.com
- 13th Gate, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, www.MidnightProduction.com
- Spookywoods, High Point, North Carolina, www.Spookywoods.com
- Wisconsin Feargrounds, Waukesha, Wisconsin, www.WisconsinFearGrounds.com
- Seven Floors of Hell, Berea (Near Cleveland), Ohio, www.7FloorsofHell.com
HauntedHouseRatings.com does not rate or review the haunted houses. It lets those who visit them (“the victims” as they like to think of them) do the rating.
In addition to the Top 13 list, they also have an America’s Best Top 31 list of haunted houses. So if you’re looking to find haunted houses others were willing to rate, write, and sometimes rave about, this is a great site to visit when planning your Halloween jaunts this season.