Continuing the Friday Fun Black Friday Shopping Spree, I decided to put together a list of products I’ve come across that would make unique Christmas gifts. These would make excellent presents for those people in your life that are either (a) hard to buy for because they have everything, or (b) who you want to splurge on a special purchase for.
- Troll beads – My friend Brenda turned me on to these. Their name is misleading. (Or I was misled at least.) I hear “trolls” and think “ugly, dirty little creatures living under bridges and such.” But these beads are amazing and beautiful. Not only are they wearable works of art made from materials like sterling silver and 18 carat gold, Italian Murano glass, and precious gems, they’re unique and have their own history. They’re inspired by “mythology, astrology, fairy tales, fauna, flora, cultural diversity, and last but certainly not least, in the familiar things of everyday living.” Guys, your lady would be charmed and delighted to receive a gift of troll beads. Prices vary depending on the piece. Price range is about $40-$300.
- Monster vs. Hunter chess set – I read someone refer to it also as zombie vs. village chess set. It’s amazing. It’s a limited edition set made of cold cast marble. It’s not cheap ($400!), but for a monster and chess fan? It’d make for an amazing gift.
- A painting from Lew Lehrman, Painter of Dark™ – Yes, I just posted his interview last week. I felt he was worth mentioning again. I think his work is amazing. (And I selfishly hope if I talk about it enough Wayne will break down and either commission Lew to do a painting of our house or buy me a print of The Final Guest.)
- The Telekinetic Obstacle Course – You wear a headband to focus your brain waves and maneuver a ball through an obstacle course. Seriously! $99.95
- Bat Garden Stake Weather Vane – Bats flying around a crescent moon telling you which way the wind’s blowing…love it! I want one for my yard! $69.95
- Ravishing Raven Witch Hat – Black lace overlay, black roses adorning its brim…this hat is befitting of witchy royalty! $69.95
However, for the budget-conscious, I highly recommend checking out Dark Christmas: Cheap Unique Gifts for Geeks and Freaks posted on Ghost Hunting Theories. Autumnforest identifies a slew of great gifts, and best of all they’re all under $20!