Hello! My name is Courtney Mroch and I’m the Director of Paranormal Tourism at Haunt Jaunts. If you’ve found your way here via Mrs. B’s 31 Days of Halloween Haunted Blog Tour: WELCOME! Likewise, if you’ve found your way here because you follow anyway or you heard about the giveaway, WELCOME! We’re very glad to have you!
A BRIEF INTRO TO HAUNT JAUNTS
You know how they say a picture is worth 1,000 words? I don’t know how much a promo video is worth, but for those of you new to Haunt Jaunts this vid is probably the best way to introduce HJ:
Besides traveling to haunted places and keeping track of paranormal tourism industry trends, here’s a few additional things it might be helpful to know:
- I have this thing for zombies, especially zombie movies
- I love making short videos
- Like most para-peeps, Halloween is my favorite time of year
- Mondays are known as Movie Monday around here (when I have a movie to write about, which I don’t always have)
- I love any reason to throw a party and do a giveaway!
MOVIE MONDAY: COLIN
You know how I mentioned my thing for zombies, especially zombie movies? Colin is a zombie flick that’s been on my radar since I learned of it being screened at last year’s Scarefest movie line up. It’s a tale told through a zombie’s eyes, specifically a zombie lad named Colin.
I recently received a press release on Colin and was astounded to learn two things:
- It was the surprise hit of the Cannes Film Festival, and
- It was basically made with $75 cash –most of which went to a crowbar and tea and cookies for the zombies. (Huh, I thought they preferred brains…)
1ST GIVEAWAY OF THE SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN BLOG PARTY
Like Mrs. B, all month long I’ll be throwing a Halloween Blog Party with giveaways and prizes. I decided to time the first giveaway with Mrs. B’s Haunted Blog Tour.
Now comes the fun part (for me at least). It’s going to involve the other elements I mentioned in my “additional things it might be helpful to know” list.
TRICK OR TREATING HALLOWEEN BLOG PARTY STYLE (a.k.a. THE GIVEAWAY AND HOW TO ENTER)
I shared some info with you. Now I’d like to find out about you. LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW TELLING ME TWO THINGS:
- Your favorite type of horror movie (i.e. slasher, vampires, werewolves, etc.) If you don’t like horror movies, that’s a perfectly acceptable answer too. (Hey, they’re not for everyone!)
- What prize you’d like to win if your number is picked. (That’s right, you get to pick your own prize!) The prize list follows below after the Rules.
- Entries will be accepted until Thursday October 7
- The drawing will be held and recorded (back to my movie making thing, plus that way you know I’m truly doing a drawing) on Friday October 8. I’ll use the Random Number Generator to pick the winning number. (You will be assigned a number based on the order in which you leave your comment.)
- Only one entry per person.
THE TREATS (a.k.a. THE PRIZES)
You can view pictures of any of the following “treats” to get an idea about them in the Spooktacular Halloween Blog Party Prizes album on HJ’s Facebook page.
- Toxic wine labels
- Boo bead bracelet
- Scarecrow earrings
- BOO! earrings
- Black light UV flashlight
- Coffin-shaped embalming fluid flask
- $15 iTunes gift card
- $25 Best Buy gift card
P.S. WHERE TO CATCH COLIN
I’m not sure if Colin will hit theaters nationwide (I’m hoping!), but here’s some dates and places where you can see Colin this Halloween season:
Oct 4-10 Film Action Oregon Portland, OR
Oct 15-17 Telluride Horror Show Telluride, CO
Oct 21 Spooky Movie Film Festival Washington, D.C.
Oct 23 Knoxville Horror Film Festival Knoxville, TN
Oct 30 the Showroom Asbury Park, NJ