Remember back in the day when ushers at movie theaters used to direct you to your seat with the aid of a flashlight? (Well, maybe some of you won’t. I really don’t. I think they’d done away with such courtesy by the time I started going to movies. But I’ve seen it in scenes from movies, so…that’s what I’m referring to!)
At any rate, I bet none of those ushers had as slick a flashlight as this black light UV one. It illuminates all sorts of things besides just your way through the dark. We’re talking everything from urine, vomit, and bodily fluids to invisible inks, fingerprints, and pest detection. Right on!
I thought it’d be a handy tool for either paranormal investigators or anyone who travels a lot. (You can use it to see for yourself just how clean your hotel room is –or isn’t, as the case may be!)
If you’d like to win it, here’s what you have to do:
HOW TO ENTER
In the Mrs. B’s Haunted Blog Tour Giveaway I asked entrants to tell me which types of horror movie they liked best. This go around I want to know what your favorite horror movie(s) is/are.
But this time I’m going to add a twist. You can enter more than once. You just have to note a new movie each time.
- Entries accepted until 11:59 p.m. CST Friday October 29, 2010.
- You may enter more than once, but you must specify a different movie each time.
- Winners will be chosen by name on Saturday October 30, 2010.
SOME OF MY FAVORITE HORROR MOVIES
Since you’re telling me yours, I’ll share some of my faves with you. My list includes, but is not limited to:
1. Tremors (This one’s just fun! I watch it when I want a laugh. Love both Reba and Kevin Bacon’s characters.)
2. House of Wax (Full Screen Edition) (Given Mommy D’s comment on the zombie cocktail giveaway, she might appreciate that Paris gets whacked in this one. I just sort of like it for some weird reason. It’s not the best horror film, but it satisfies my horror craving sometimes.)
3. Shaun of the Dead (I have yet to not LOL when watching this movie. And I’ve seen it a gazillon times so far…)
4. Dawn of the Dead (Widescreen Unrated Director’s Cut) (I’d want to get stuck with Ving Rhames if I was stuck with other Z survivors!)
5. Ghost Ship [Blu-ray] (A lot of people didn’t like this, but the opening scenes get my vote for most disturbing of any movie I’ve ever seen. And I liked the Ferryman aspect to it. I found it a rather clever horror movie.)
6. Scream (Dimension Collector’s Series) (I ditched work when this came out and was so happy I played hookie to see it. I thought it was smart, sassy, and scary. It’ll always be one of my faves.)
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street [Blu-ray] (A friend gave me a play-by-play of this movie in Study Hall sophomore year of high school. She saw it in the theaters. I had to wait and rent it. Both her play-by-play and the movie creeped me out. Now I sort of just laugh at it, but it brings back good memories of my horror movie coming of age.)
8. The Shining (I remember being in the basement of my cousin’s house when I saw a commercial for this on TV. I was about 10. I ended up having nightmares that night. I didn’t see the actual movie until years later, but I of course loved it. The scene where Scatman Crothers is driving from the airport to rescue Danny is now a sentimental fave. The guys on the radio that’s playing as he drives are DJs my mom listened to. I grew up, literally, with them on in the evenings when she picked me up from school and drove me home after she got off work. Brings back lots of memories in just that small sound bite…)