Yesterday the Halloween Party Express cruised on over to Mommy D’s Kitchen, which is run by the amazing Mommy D. (a.k.a. Dinell Lamb Holmes.) Today we’re stopping by another one of Mommy D’s creations: the Weekly Spectre. It’s where she lets her dark side shine.
There’s a lot going on at the Weekly Spectre, such as:
- Every week Dinell posts new entertaining, provocative, and insightful blogs. (My most recent fave was “Paranormal Photography: How to catch a ghost in EVERY photo!“)
- There’s the Live Spectre Cam that runs from 9 pm to 7 am MST. Dinell’s been experiencing weird happenings, and she’s hoping the cam might help her catch some evidence to explain why. (Oh, and during the day sometimes she has it on her animals!) She also keeps a Ghostly Activity Diary.
- She’s also got a haunted doll collection. The dolls are even sometimes the stars of her Live Spectre Cam!
- She lets others post to her blog via her Haunted Guest House. You never know who might drop by and write what. Great fun! (It’s also going to be one of the hot spots this Halloween as I’ll explain below…)
- Oh, and did I mention she’s an insanely talented graphic designer who creates custom graphic designs?
The above is just what she accomplishes on a regular basis. Phew! I’m whooped just writing about it!
However, she’s adding an interactive dimension of fun this Halloween with a paranormal fiction short story contest she’s running.
She’s accepting entries from now until October 29. (If you opt for it, your entry will even be published on the Haunted Guest House!)
Oh, and just so you know…I happen to be one of the judges. Along with Linda Moffitt and Jessica Penot. (To see an example of how clever she is with her graphics, check out the avatars Mommy D created for us judges. They are so awesome!)
Be sure when you stop by and check out the Weekly Spectre you mention Haunt Jaunts sent you! Enjoy!