I had some extra time and was able to partake in viewing a sneak peak of this week’s Ghost Adventures Bonnie Springs Ranch investigation. Rather than reinvent the wheel since Travel Channel has such a nice write-up, I’ll just share theirs:
Bonnie Springs Ranch in Blue Diamond, Nevada was built in the 1960s. The ranch was built on top of a trail that was a stop-over for travelers heading to the west coast in the 1800s. Traveling the old spanish trail was an extremely dangerous task. Numerous travelers died from attacks, sickness, and exposure to the elements.
The travelers went through a lot of mental, physical, and emotional pain which could explain the odd occurrences that frequently happen at Bonnie Springs today. Recent visitors and investigators have reported hearing voices, odd feelings, and one woman even left with large scratches down her back.
One man has worked around the ranch for 30 years. He claims he once saw the merry-go-round on the play ground spinning on it’s own. As he approached the playground to get a better look, the merry-go-round came to a sudden dead stop. This experience and many more have convinced him that there is a strong spiritual force at the Bonnie Springs Ranch.
Since they were investigating in a wild, wild west spot it would stand to reason it might be a rough investigation. Nick fared okay, but Zak and Aaron seemed to have a heck of a time.
ZAK BAGANS, THE STUNT MAN MULE WHISPERER
Wow. We see a whole other side of Zak this week. In addition to perhaps catching a shadow figure on film at the same time they caught an EVP of a child, Zak:
- Tests his skills as a wild burro whisperer…and has some success. (But it becomes clear pretty quick he should stick to ghost hunting.)
- Tours a wax museum. (Zak admitted wax figures and mannequins make him uncomfortable. They don’t get much creepier than the wax figures in the Bonnie Springs Ranch’s museum!)
- Of course pinpoints a place where a dark energy lurks. (In the ranch’s Opera House.)
- Makes his stunt debut! (Aaron’s vlog capturing the event is below.)
AARON RIDES THE HAUNTED MERRY GO ROUND
Poor Aaron. He:
- Falls in the desert when they’re looking around.
- Falls on the steps when they’re investigating at night.
- Gets nervous when he hears coyotes howling in the desert. (I loved when Nick teased him about them being “meat for the beast” if the coyotes got in.)
- Gets spun around on the haunted merry go round.
Speaking of that merry go round, I may have missed during the sneak peek what they concluded about it. To try and debunk whether the wind was responsible for making it spin on its own or not, they set up a pinwheel and flag next to the merry go round and left a camera rolling.
However, if they talked about what happened I missed it. If anyone else sees it when you watch the episode will you tell me what happened?