Spring Fever has hit the paranormal world. After hibernating through what was a cold, snowy winter in most parts, paranormal enthusiasts are ready to get out and get their haunts on.
If you’re looking for some neat workshops and events, here’s several I’ve come across that sound like spooky good times. (A few happen as soon as this weekend. A couple I’ve given you more heads up time on.)
- April 9 – Ghost Trackers Live @Alligator Alley: Join GTTV GTand crew as they investigate Alligator Alley at the Country Castle in Kissimmee, FL from 7 p.m. until 2 a.m. Here’s a link to the event invite on Facebook.
- April 8 – Ghosts and Grits: Have a southern dinner with all the fixings and hear ghost stories about the historic Rippavilla Plantation from tour guide Chuck Bern. See Rippavilla’s Special Events page for more info.
- April 9 – Rippavilla After Dark with Chris Fleming and Mike Sears: It’s a paranormal investigation of the historic Rippavilla Plantation with paranormal expert Chris Fleming and Mike Sears. I just learned of this event today. It’s in my own backyard even. (But ticket prices are too steep for my pocket book at present so…no haunt jaunting here.) Still, if you have cash to spare and are interested check out the link to Rippavilla’s Special Events page above.
- April 9-10 – Cemetery Crawl 6:It’s been described as Amazing Race paranormal style and it’s put on by Debe Branning and the MVD Ghostchaser “Cemetery Crawl Crew.” Paranormal Arizona-based bloggers Julie of Above the Norm and Sharon/Autumnforest of Ghost Hunting Theories will be there helping out. Here’s a link to a post Julie wrote about it.
- April 27 – May 2 – HAuNTcon: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Louisville, KY. This is one of THE premier events for people in the Haunted Attraction industry, or people interested in it. There will be all kinds of seminars, workshops, even a costume ball and hearse parade and car show! Find more info on HAuNTcon’s site.
- May 5 – Halloween University: Classes for the Haunt, Horror and FX Industry!: The National Halloween, Horror, Haunted House and Hearse Convention is responsible for this one. Takes place in Valley Forge from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Here’s a link to the Halloween University site. Here’s a link to the event inviteon Facebook.
- (Friday) May 13 – Dinner & Lecture with Author & Medium Craig McManus at the Emlen Physick Estate: Join Craig in haunted Cape May for the lecture: “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Ghosts – but Were Afraid to Ask! (I know what I’d ask: if ghosts in haunted hotels give guests privacy!) Here’s a link to more details about the event.
- (Friday) May 13 – Insider’s Ghosts of Cape May Trolley Tour: This is also in association with Craig McManus. See the link in the above event for more details.
- (Friday) May 13 – Midnight at the Physick Estate Tour & Séance SOLD OUT! – Too late to sign up for this one but it was worth noting.
- Friday the 13th Norcross Ghost Tour Event: Sally Toole shared info via a guest post about this neat night of spooky tales they’ll be doing on May 13 in Norcross, GA. For more info see also the Norcross Ghost Tour site.
- July 16 – Davis Graveyard Tombstone Workshop: Okay, this one is more of a summer event, but it’s worth noting now. Learn from the Frog Queen yard haunting mistress of macabre and mayhem how to “carve, shape, decorate, and paint a realistic tombstone made from Styrofoam that you will take home at the end of the workshop.” Morning session 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Afternoon session 2 to 6 p.m. Sign up via their Events page. (They’ll also be repeating the workshop again on August 20.)
I’m sure there are many more. Feel free to share any ghost or Halloween events you might be going to.