At the end of last year I couldn’t seem to get posting until I finally got a new look. Voila! I love this WordPress theme. It’s very versatile and I’ve been very happy with it.
You might have also noted that recently I’ve been tinkering with ads, widgets and the like. I can’t help it. My blog is a way for me to express myself –and not just via my posts!
Anyway, I ended up having some time to do more tinkering while I waited on in-from-out-of-town friends to arrive. Since they took way longer than anticipated, I ended up tinkering the whole day! Holy crumb, did I get stuff done!
So what’s new? Let me tell you!
- Logo/Badge – Now you can display a Haunt Jaunts badge on your site or sidebar! This was a two-part process. Part 1: Creating the logo. Finally got around to doing that. Part 2: Posting the logo with text box for code. Thanks to Susan from fiberdoodles,who left me a slick link as part of her bonus entries during one of my Halloween giveaways, I learned how to do it! If you want to do something too but don’t know how, check out A Heart for Home’s very helpful post. She made it easy!
- Quote – I love this quote. I see it all the time in catalogs on everything. I figured it was perfect for HJ so I found a spot for it! (See it under Logo Exchange Partners.)
- Find Haunted Places Page – This page has been up for a while, but I recently revamped it a bit. There were a couple of inactive links I wanted to remove, plus I wanted to make it more navigable. It’s now what I hope is a handy reference to find haunted places fast!
- HJ Best of Award Winners Page – I decided I didn’t want the winners getting lost in all the other posts. They need to be recognized as the standouts they are! Plus, this list took me a long time and a lot of contemplation to put together. I decided it deserved it’s own page. So…got that done!
- Emporium Page – I added an image, jazzed up the copy a bit…the only thing left to do is tend to the stock. There are products I want to add, some I want to subtract, and categories to revamp. However, updating the page was a start…I have all of 2010 to manage inventory!
- Advertising Info Page – You may have noticed I’ve gotten a bit more aggressive about placing ads on the site. Guilty as charged! However, now I’m going to actively start soliciting advertisers. But before you get big notions that I plan on asking exorbitant fees, check out the “Make Me a Deal” spiel under Option 2.
Oh the mischief I can get into when given a day to tinker!