I have the perfect contest idea for us too. It’s a game I like to play with myself every summer called “Guess Which Costumes Will Be Most Popular This Halloween.”
Want to play with me? Here’s how:
Some of you super clever DIYers out there come up with original costume ideas year after year. I envy you. I’m not clever like that.
However, I have an eye for what would make good store bought Halloween costumes. It’s not all that hard really. They’re often based on popular movies and TV shows or current events. This goes for both children’s and adult costumes.
This year there are some more major superhero movies out, as well as a big dinosaur one. And Disney’s got a new one out. (Well, Disney Pixar to be exact.) I’d bet money those will be among some of the biggest costumes.
Current events always inspire interesting costume choices: like last year’s Ebola scare. Election season is almost upon us. I’m sure we’ll start seeing some Presidential Wannabe costumes this year. And I’m banking on some more prison ones, in honor of the pair of escapees from the New York jail that, as of this writing, are still on the loose.
Now it’s your turn…
How to Play
Use the Entry Form below to cast your vote for which costume you think will be the most popular. Pick one of the following, or one of your choosing.
- Prison costumes (a la Orange is the New Black or jailbreak costumes)
- Political/Presidential Candidate costumes
- Robots (I’m thinking along the lines of Terminator or Deus ex Machina)
- Star Wars (I’m thinking the marketing will start kicking in soon and it’ll be more on everyone’s minds with a December 2015 release.)
- Jurassic Park-like costumes
- Avengers costumes
- Wonder Woman costumes
- Medieval/Game of Thrones-like costumes
- Despicable Me/Minions costumes
- Zombie costumes
- Ghostbuster costumes
- Cinderella costumes
- ’60s costumes
- Other – Specify if you want, but you don’t have to.
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
- Use the Entry Form below.
- Only (1) one entry per person. (Except for newsletter subscribers. Your newsletter will detail how to claim your bonus entry. Not a newsletter subscriber and don’t want to miss out next time? Click here to become one.)
- Entries accepted through Sunday July 5, 2015.
- Winner will be drawn on Monday July 6, 2015
Note: you can use the $25 any way you want, whether it’s on a costume or not! (If you want some ideas, read here to see what I’d spend it on.)
You should receive an auto-reply entry confirmation email after your submit the form. If you don’t, please send an email to email@example.com.
Free Shipping (even if you don’t win)
Enjoy Free Shipping on orders of $65 or more. US Only.