A couple of Sundays back I was watching Mad Men and learned an interesting tidbit: The Zombie Cocktail was first popularized at the 1939 World’s Fair.
Huh, I didn’t even know there was such a drink as a zombie cocktail! (I’m not a big drinker, though, so that’s not too surprising. Mainly because I turn into quite the party animal when I imbibe. I don’t know how to handle my liquor without getting all crazy!)
At any rate, I still have a few more prizes to giveaway, including a Gothic witch chalkboard (perfect menu for advertising your meals du jour) and a set of toxic wine labels (transform your regular wine into wicked potent concoctions).
HOW TO ENTER
PART A – Answer either one of the following questions by leaving a comment below:
- If there was a zombie apocalypse would you want to be a survivor or a zombie? OR
- If there was a zombie apocalypse who would you like to see become a zombie so you could legally do them in? (You don’t have to give names. You can simply say friend, family member, neighbor, teacher, mean lady at the checkout, etc…)
PART B – Be sure to tell me which prize you’d like to win:
- Wine Labels
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries accepted until 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday October 29, 2010.
- Winner(s) will be drawn by name on Saturday October 30, 2010. (Like the Frog Queen and Boo Bling giveaways, there’s a chance for more than one winner depending on who wants what.)
ZOMBIE COCKTAIL RECIPE
If you’re interested in making one (they sound pretty delicious actually) here’s what you’ll need:
1 part white rum
1 part golden rum
1 part dark rum
1 part apricot brandy
1 part pineapple juice
1 part papaya juice
½ part 151-proof rum
Dash of grenadine or other syrup
Mix ingredients other than the 151-proof rum in a shaker with ice. Pour into glass and top with the high-proof rum. Garnish with a cherry or orange slice or both and enjoy!
LINKS TO SITES WITH FUN HALLOWEEN RECIPES
- Chateau Grrr’s Recipes – They have all kinds of spooky delicious treats. The newest one, human bacon, cracks me up! Perfect thing to mention on a post inspired by zombies.
- Cattra’s Magickal World – All month long she’s been sharing neat spells, including ones to ward off tummy grumbles. (But beware: they make your mouth water!) Two of her most recent that got me salivating were her recipes for pumpkin cinnamon rolls and all her tea party treats (including drinks!).
- Mommy D’s Kitchen – This isn’t a recipe. I just wanted to share the link to her Facebok photo album and the adorable “Undead Gingerbread” cookies she made.