Other than watching one of the Friday the 13th movies (usually either the first or second one, because those two are my favorites), I don’t believe I’ve ever been to any Friday the 13th events. I’d like to, though. (As long as no hockey mask-wearing serial killers were going to be there.)
Below is a list of some July Friday the 13th events I came across. Do you have any plans for Friday the 13th? How do you enjoy it? Any traditions you uphold?
1. Queen City Ghostwalk – The 2012 tour season kicks off on Friday July 13. Fun way, and fun day, for such a kick off, eh? LOCATION: Burlington, VT
2. Scares that Care “Friday The 13th” $5.00 Online Donation Day– They did this in April and decided to do it again. They haven’t updated their site to reflect their July event, but I received an email about it. The donation process is the same as indicated on their website for their April event: donations accepted via Paypal made to email@example.com, or also accepted by credit card, call toll free 1-855-666-2275. Not sure what the prizes are though this time around. (Your donation qualifies as an entry to winning some potentially neat horror memorabilia.) LOCATION: Online
3. Houdini Seance Poasttown Elementary School – Starts at 6pm EST, cost is a $20 donation at the door. LOCATION: Middletown, OH (Note: I do not have a link to this one. I found it via EverythingParanormal.net’s Events page.)
4. Ghost Hunt Aboard the USS Salem with the Paranormal Mafia – Join Chris Conlon, Paranormal Expeditions, and Russ Striver aboard this haunted ship for a Friday the 13th investigation. LOCATION: Quincy, MA
5. Watch screenings of Friday the 13th movies – Love Friday the 13th movies? Find Friday the 13th film franchise themed events and watch with other Jason fans. LOCATION: various.