Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Halloween High Season is HERE! (I always consider the first day of October the start of it all. Hey, some people break out their whites during Memorial Day. October is all about the orange and black for me, baby!)
But I’m not alone. I know a lot of you are just as excited as I am.
What’s your favorite Halloween ritual? Ghost tours? Cemetery tours? Haunted houses? Dressing up? Halloween parties? Renting scary movies?
For me I’d answer “Yes, yes, and YES!” to all of the above. (Well, okay. I’m a big fat chicken so the haunted houses I usually can’t do…but I really want to!)
But something I absolutely ADORE is jaunting around checking out the different kind of Halloween decorations people put in their yards. (I also like to decorate my own yard. I might not be able to get to it until this weekend, though, but I fully intend to get my graveyard up and running ASAP!)
However, this year I’ve realized some fun new ways to celebrate the Halloween season: virtual Halloween jaunting!
Below is a list of some blogs I’ve come across that are oozing Halloween spirit –and offering some neat treats if you just do a few simple tricks.
BLOGS DOING HALLOWEEN GIVEAWAYS
- The Grimvision’s Ghastly Halloween Giveaway 2009 – Enter for a chance to win some pretty cool Halloween decorations!
- MrsB’s Confession of a Pagan Soccer Mom’s 31 Days of Halloween – She’s got one of the hottest blogs going, so if you haven’t heard about this I’d be surprised. She’s doing giveaways every day and is offering some neat things! One of today’s giveaways includes something I’ve been wanting, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. (In addition, she’s also got links for her Halloween blog tour and to featured guest bloggers.)
- Screamstress Halloween Giveaway: Kryolan Theatrical Make-up – You only have until October 8 to enter this one, but if you want a chance to win some wicked Halloween make-up to make your costume POP! this Halloween, here’s your chance!
- The Play of Light and Shadows Weekly Giveaways – MarZel holds monthly giveaways as it is, but this month (as you might be well aware) is special. In honor of that, she”ll be doing weekly giveaways! The first of five weekly giveaways started today.
- 2009 Raven Halloween Hunt – I’m a sucker for games and love a good scavenger hunt! The Raven Scavenger Hunt went live today. This one’s going to take a bit of work on your part if you choose to play along, but they’re giving away some groovy prizes. (If you’re a fan of paranormal romance/erotica, this would delight your pleasure center!)
- Fiberdoodles Halloween Blog Party – Starting October 19, Sharon will be hosting a Halloween blog party…a sort of virtual trick or treat! (What do you call those parties where you caravan from house to house? One house has cocktails, the next appetizers, the next a main course, another offers dessert…it might be called a caravan party. All I know is this kind of sounds like that! Fun! I signed up to be one of the party stops!) I don’t know if she or any of the other bloggers will be giving away anything (I will, more on that coming), but I thought this was a fun one so I decided to include it!
If you know of any others, I’d love to hear about them. (Just as I’m sure others would like to know.) Hook us up with the 411 by leaving a comment, would you? Thanks!