Today I’m feeling deeply humbled and more optimistic about humanity than I’ve felt in a while. It’s easy to get caught up in the news and the politics (especially bozos I disagree with) and feel alone, outnumbered, and misunderstood.
But I’m a big believer in focusing on the positive. It’s funny when I start to fall in a funk, or think people are ruthless, petty and in it for themselves that something inevitably happens to remind me of how good and giving people also are.
What the heck am I talking about?
Well, I had a bad day yesterday. A really bad day. I saw the lesser side of humanity and it kind of bummed me out. No point going into details. What’s done is done.
But today was a new day. It started off good when I saw a Facebook note from Beyond Ghosts wishing me a good week.
Beyond Ghosts has like 5,000 Facebook fans. Yet, at random they just sort of singled me out? I was stunned. (But thinking on it now maybe it had something to do with the fact I Tweeted and posted on HJ’s FB page about their ghost hunt/dinner buffet and lecture at the Historic Eagle House in Williamsville, NY this weekend. See their events page for more info if you’re in that area and want to do it. But be quick. Tickets are almost gone.)
I don’t know why they did it, but their comment prompted me to go check out their site. Which I hadn’t done in-depth yet. And when I did, I decided that’d make a good post. (It’ll come later this week.)
So I wrote asking for a logo. They zapped me one right away.
Once again I was humbled by how amazingly approachable an organization like theirs was.
That’s where I’m really going with all of this. I’ve been making all kinds of “spirit”ual connections lately. You know, with other paranormal enthusiasts?
I’ve contacted all sorts of people about so many different things and for so many different reasons lately. Most have been doing their online paranormal thing much longer than I have.
And what have I found? Generosity galore! I’ve been absolutely blown away by the stellar treatment I’ve received lately from people like:
- Javier of GhostTheory (a.k.a @GhostTheory)
- Ash of The ParaFactor (a.k.a. @TheParaFactor) and their guest coordinator Betty (a.k.a. @MermaidTears)
- “Crypt Kicker” Chad from ChateauGrrr (a.k.a. @Chateaugrrr. FYI CG’s holding a drawing for a framed werewolf woodcut print. If you’ve seen The Wolfman, you might want to check out the contest. As soon as I see the movie I will enter. I WANT THAT PRINT!)
- Grim of Grimoire of the Hour (a.k.a. @grim_wicked who yesterday blew me away with his tender side when he DM’d me volunteering to donate a prize for HJ’s anniversary bash. Sorry, Grim. Hope that doesn’t taint your rep!)
- Author Elizabeth Eagan-Cox (a.k.a. @EEaganCox who will be stopping by HJ on her book release blog tour April 2, AND has generously agreed to donate a copy of Book 1 in her series, A Ghost of a Chance, as one of the HJ Anniversary Bash Giveaway prizes)
- Brian and Brooke from SCARED! (Cannot say enough nice things about how awesome the SCARED! crew is!)
- And of course there are my blogging and/or Twitter buddies who life would now be empty without like Julie (Above the Norm a.k.a. @above_the_norm), Nathan (A State of Mind a.k.a. @AStateofMind), Jessica (Ghost Stories and Haunted Places a.k.a. @Jessica0223), Syd Southworth (@sydsouthworth), Jen Blaney (@jenblaney), and last but never least Autumnforest (Ghost Hunting Theories).
I have to remember from here on out, when Life’s got me feeling cold, all I have to do is hop online. There’s a lot of warmth to be found there!