Happy first day of September! Time for a new Caption This contest!
Have you seen our newest section? It’s our Weird Holidays and Observances calendar.
You might’ve seen similar calendars listing a whole bunch of bizarre, unusual, fun, wacky and strange dates. (Just about every day of the year seems to have one now.)
Well, we went through several of those calendars to find dates that would appeal to our peculiar sensibilities –and maybe yours as well?
If you get a chance, check it out.
Last month’s Caption This photo was inspired by some weird August observances.
This month’s photo? Not so much. It was just weird in general and made us chuckle so we’re hoping it’ll inspire some fun captions.
How to Play
- Look at the photo below.
- Use the comment section to caption it.
- Be sure to let us know what prize you’d like if you win. (Yes! There are not only prizes, but you get to pick which one appeals to you most!)
- Newsletter subscribers: be sure to identify yourself. (If you’re not one, read on to find out why you might like to become one.)
- $10 Amazon card
- $10 Starbucks card
- $15 iTunes card
- $15 Target card
How to Double Your Prize
Newsletter subscribers will be allowed to choose two prizes. If their caption is chosen, they’ll get both!
That means they have a chance to put between $20-$30 extra spending money in their pockets.
Not a subscriber? Become one here. (Super fast and easy. You just need to submit your email address.)
- Open to U.S. residents only. (Sorry out-of-country readers!)
- If two or more caption submissions are very similar, we’ll draw names from the Boo Bucket to determine a winner.
- Multiple entries accepted. (If you’re gifted enough to come up with more than one caption, feel free to submit them. Just be sure we know they’re distinct entries and not a giant run-on one.)
- Newsletter Subscribers: You can pick two of the same card, or two different ones. Entirely up to you.
Are multiple submissions accepted?
Yes. See #3 above under Rules.
Does my caption have to be a quote?
Nope. You can give the photo a title, write a poem, make it a quote as if someone’s saying something, write a flash story…anything goes. Whatever the photo inspires from you, we’ll take!