I was browsing the trailers on Hulu as I sometimes like to do and saw one for a movie that immediately caught my eye: Krampus.
It’s not often we get treated to horror movies around the non-Halloween holiday season. Except for around Valentine’s Day. That’s always a good time of year for scary movie releases too. But Krampus is even seasonal. Merry Christmas!
Here’s the synopsis from IMDB: A boy who has a bad Christmas ends up accidentally summoning a Christmas demon to his family home.
A couple of lines from the trailer that caught my ear were:
- “Saint Nicholas is not coming this year.”(How’s that for an ominous line?)
- “He and his helpers did not come to give, but to take.” (Yikes!)
Not sure how good it’s going to be, but it won’t be for a shortage of talented actors. Here’s just a few who are starring in it:
- Toni Colette – I’ve loved her ever since Muriel’s Wedding, but she’s no novice to the horror genre. She was also in one of the best scary suspense movies ever made (IMO), The Sixth Sense.
- Adam Scott – Best known for his role as Ben Wyatt on Parks and Recreation.
- David Coechner – I love his role as Lainey Lewis’s dad on “The Goldbergs,” but others may recognize him from Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, or from another horror comedy that was released this year, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.
Take a look at the trailer. What do you think? Krampus: “Ho, ho, ho it looks like a jolly good time!” or, “Bah Humbug!”