Basically, she’d always had the idea for a Haunt Jaunts Guide to Paranormal Tourism book. (Well, she still does, but she’s since decided to turn them into a series of books.) Getting cancer and facing her mortality made her realize she might not live to see that dream come true. But she could start a blog…
Haunt Jaunts has evolved from a place for Courtney to write about her jaunts to haunted and macabre places into a site where she can share her enthusiasm for travel, dark tourism in particular.
It’s also a place where she can store the collection of sites she’s come across while researching for her wanderings. She accomplishes this via several pages:
- The Haunted Places section showcases HJ’s lists of spooky stays (aka haunted hotels), posts related to various types of haunts, and places that promote paranormal tourism.
- The Haunted Directories & Maps section is a collection of haunted places lists and locator maps section.
- The Ghost Tours, Walks & Hunts section lists ghost tours.
- The Year-Round Jaunts section lists dungeons, escape rooms, year-round haunted attractions, and zombie-themed attractions.
- The Paracons & Horror Fests section lists paranormal and horror events and conferences, as well as any events and appearances the people of Haunt Jaunts will be making.
- The Forums is where we offer fellow para enthusiasts the chance to mingle among themselves and with us.
We are open to interviews (both giving and getting) and hosting guest bloggers. Or if you’d like a more permanent gig, we’re always on the lookout to add fresh blood –er, new writers— to our skeleton crew.
We’re also PR-friendly. If you have a product or event you’d like to promote, contact us! We love sharing events and hosting contests and giveaways.
You might also notice some advertising on the site. Our affiliates is how we way pay for site maintenance and fund future jaunts.
With all the paranormal sites out there, we thank you for taking some time to stop by Haunt Jaunts. We hope you enjoy your visit and come back often. We also hope it helps you make your next vacation a spooky one.