I thought it’d be fun to kick off HJ’s Haunted Summer Party with an ice breaker game, a scavenger hunt. It’s aimed at getting the party started and party goers excited about sharing links and pictures.
If you want to play, below you’ll find a list of items to start searching for. If you happen to already have pictures of any, great! All you have to do is hunt through your folders and start sharing them.
If you don’t have pictures, get on out there and get some! Or, as you find yourself out and about this summer, be sure to have a camera handy in case you see any of these things.
Be sure to share your finds. That’s kind of the whole point, to see what people come up with.
- Post your photos on HJ’s Facebook page
- Tweet your finds to HJ (@HauntJaunts. And be sure to use #HauntedSummer. We’ll be sure to RT you.)
- If you have a flickr or like account with any of the photos stored there, post links below and we’ll share them on Twitter and FB if you don’t want to.
Most important: DO NO TRESPASS or break any other laws trying to get pictures of any of these things. Do it safely and legally, okay?
Oh, and fun. Have plenty of that. After all, that’s what this game is really all about!
“Will there be winners and will they win anything?” (I can hear those of you who know my penchant for giving away prizes asking this.)
There won’t be prizes, but bragging right titles are up for grabs. Depending on how good a scavenger you are will determine what kind of ranking you get. (Rankings follow the item list.)
“Is there a time limit?” You have all summer to hunt.
THE SCAVENGER HUNT ITEM LIST
Be creative. Anything goes. (For example, there aren’t many lighthouses like you’d find along the coast here in TN, yet there are some that are not near bodies of water even. You just have to keep your eyes open…)
- A steeple
- A statue
- A skull and/or skeleton
- A gargoyle
- A lighthouse
- A ship
- A turret
- An angel
- A lantern
- Something with a UFO and/or alien on it
- A crystal ball
- A cemetery
- A gravestone
- Something unique to where you live (whether it’s a type of food, a sign, a restaurant, a flag, etc.)
- A historic marker or plaque
- A ghost tour guide
- A clown
- An old doll
- A place that’s allegedly haunted where you live (Note: Please DO NOT trespass or break any other laws trying to obtain this photo. Not worth it!)
- A movie marquee and/or movie poster
- Something prehistoric
- A “Welcome To” sign for any state
- A Tourist Information or Visitor’s Center
- Shoes tied together dangling from a wire or a tree
- BONUS: Share a link (or links) to your favorite haunted site(s) – You can share as many of these as you want. Blogs, haunted houses of the Halloween variety, paranormal investigation groups, etc all count. If you’re having trouble collecting the pictures and want to boost your ranking, this is a good way to do it.
SCAVENGER HUNT RANKINGS
Rankings are based on star ratings like they do for hotels.
- Five Stars: You demonstrated first class effort by collecting 20-25 items (or more).
- Four Stars: You showed superior stamina by finishing with 15-19 items.
- Three Stars: You made a comfortable showing with your collection of 10-14 items.
- Two Stars: You economized your energy by only collecting 5-9 items.
- One Star: You earned no frills from these cheap thrills of collecting 0-4 items.