August 2 thru August 6 is designated as Psychic Week. But according to an ABC News story from 2001, many psychics don’t even know there is such a week in their honor. Or didn’t.
However, I’m thinking not much has changed in the last nine years because, even as nuts as this week has been for me, I haven’t seen much hoopla about Psychic Week. Either that or psychics are a modest bunch.
Whether it just still hasn’t caught on yet, or psychics are too busy to celebrate it, I can’t let it pass without some kind of nod. I have met a bunch of super nice psychics via Twitter who have been very kind to me. Here’s a few of them:
- Nathan from A State of Mind, who’s often a guest blogger here and recently released a book, A Librarian’s Guide to Psychic Development. Find him on Twitter as @AStateofMind.
- Brenda Hooser, the Heart Centered Psychic, who is a super lovely person and is always so supportive and encouraging. Find her on Twitter as @hrtcntrdpsychic.
- Denise Lescano, a psychic medium, metaphysical teacher and author who wrote a book you might have heard of called The Messenger. Find her on Twitter as @DeniseLescano.
I follow about 32 more on Twitter. In fact, one of the first lists I created when Twitter launched their list feature was for psychics. Feel free to check it out and follow any you currently aren’t. Or, if you know of some you follow that I should add, I’d love to hear about them.
A FEW OF MY FAVORITE PSYCHIC HOTSPOTS
- Cassadaga – Quaint, charming, and it even boasts it’s own spooky stay, the Cassadaga Hotel. (Which, fittingly enough, also serves as a Psychic Center.)
- Lily Dale – Before HBO contacted me about their documentary, No One Dies in Lily Dale, I didn’t know there was a northeastern equivalent to Cassadaga or Sedona. Lily Dale boasts two area hotels. Wonder if they’re haunted?
- Sedona – I have yet to meet anyone who’s been to Sedona who doesn’t describe it afterwards as magical. It’s often touted as “breathtaking” and “picturesque” and the perfect setting to get in tuned with your spiritual and metaphysical side.
Everyone is born with psychic abilities. It’s just a matter of knowing how to tap into it. ~Mettrie L.~
HAUNT JAUNTS FACEBOOK PAGE DISCUSSION
Under Discussions I posted “Who’s your favorite psychic?”
Feel free to comment here or there if you like.