A couple weeks back (or possibly even longer than that) I saw a funny Tweet saying something about “swimming, ghost hunting, fried eggs?” (or some such) with a link attached.
All I know is it piqued my interest enough to click the link. I was taken to a blog with a post of a girl who had videoed herself answering random questions. She’d then posted it on YouTube.
The blog’s owner had found it and included it, along with the list of questions she’d answered, in the blog. (I wish I could just link to it, which I had fully intended to do, but ding dong me apparently didn’t note the blog or the link like I thought I had. Sheesh!)
Anyway, you know the type of list I’m talking about? The ones your friends send via emails or Facebook? There’s a list of questions asking various things like what’s your favorite color, what color underwear are you wearing, and when was the last time you cried.
Some of the questions are kookie, but I happen to love those lists. Not so much because I like answering the questions, but because I love reading the funny answers people come up with.
It gave me the bright idea to have a little fun this Friday and try my hand at creating my own list. One for those of us interested in the paranormal, the Internet, horror, etc.
I had even toyed with the idea of creating a video response of my answers like the girl I mentioned above had done, but I chickened out. Instead, my answers follow the questions below.
*PLEASE NOTE:* If you’ve read this far, consider yourself TAGGED!
If you don’t in turn answer the questions by leaving a comment or posting them on your own blog, I’m not responsible for the misfortune that will follow. (i.e. Bigfoot will steal your identity, tap your credit and drain your life savings for plastic surgery which will allow it to fully assume all facets of your life…or something equally awful and weird.)
However, if you respond within the next 24 hours, fairies will sprinkle you with magic dust that guarantees you a charmed life the rest of your days.
(Sorry. I couldn’t resist. Another thing so many of those other lists have in common are silly disclaimers about what will happen if you do or don’t respond. I couldn’t resist the temptation of trying my hand at concocting something equally ridiculous for my list.)
15 QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR PARANORMAL PREFERENCES (AND THEN SOME)
- Day person or night? Used to be a night owl, but my husband has slowly managed to convert me to his day person ways.
- Email or phone? EMAIL! (Hate talking on the phone. Self-conscious of my voice.)
- Facebook or Twitter? A little of both, but I lean more towards Twitter these days. (It’s a hip, happening place and I’ve met so many net new people!)
- Carnivore or veggievore? BOTH
- Cold, dark & stormy or bright, warm, & sunny? Well, when I get too much cold, dark & stormy like we’ve had this winter, I crave bright, warm, & sunny. (Bring on spring!) However, there comes a point near the end of summer when I’m tired of hot and start craving cold, dark & stormy, so…it varies seasonally.
- What was your favorite part about last Halloween? TIE: my wigs/costumes and my Halloween Blog Party!
- GPS, map, or wing it? If we have my husband’s Blackberry we use his GPS on that. Sometimes we use a map if one’s handy. Mostly we wing it. (And as a result we spend a lot of time being lost!)
- Cryptids or ghosts? GHOSTS! (I do not want to take a chance being mauled, mamed, eaten or carried off by some winged thing while out on a cryptid quest! Ghosts are tame.)
- Ghost tour or ghost hunting? Ghost tour (only because I like walking around hearing ghost stories, learning about a place’s history and admiring the architecture.)
- Ghost hunting TV shows or movies about ghosts? Movies. (And, I know I keep talking about it, but it bears repeating…one movie I’m SUPER jazzed for is Phasma Ex Machina. That looks like it has all the potential to be a flipping ROCKING ghost movie!)
- Planes, trains or automobiles? I used to love to fly…before it became such a hassle. Cars mostly (because then I can also take along our pooch). Trains as applicable.
- Does your car have a name? Nissy
- What’s something you’ve learned to do in real life from watching horror movies? Check the backseat of my car before getting in to make sure no maniacs are lurking there to get me!
- If they actually existed and you could take a safari to see them in their natural habitats, which would you go see: werewolves, vampires, Bigfoot, Nessie, or winged creatures like the Mothman or Thunderbird? (Note: This question was sparked via a post on Ask Doc Paranormal’s blog about werewolf tours in Romania.) Um, referring back to answer #8, I don’t want anything sucking my blood or to be something’s lunch or dinner, so I’m not sure I’d do any of these safaris. If I could see Nessie from afar, like on land, okay. Maybe werewolves. (If I had complete assurance they couldn’t gobble me up.)
- What’s the scariest place you’ve ever been? Besides my mind? Hands down Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. Flipped me out. Most frightening experience ever. (Aside from being told I had cancer, that is. I guess that’ll always be the reigning champ of terrifying experiences.) But as far as actual scary places I’ve been, most definitely Halloween Horror Nights.