I’m not creative enough to come up with my own original costumes, but I do appreciate the creativity of those who can. I also appreciate the creativity of those who design original costumes.
Each year the costumes keep getting better and better. This year, in my opinion, was one of the best. There were a lot of great costumes, whether you prefer scary, funny, zombie (man, were there a bunch of new zombie costumes!), sexy, etc.
And as far as original costumes go, there were some that really stood out. Here’s my picks for the 14 most original this year. (14-ish, I should say. There are technically more than 14 listed below, but in a couple of cases there were more than one style of the same costume. I just sort of counted them together.)
1. Pink Ribbon Costume – Just in case you have the urge to dress like a giant pink ribbon, perhaps for Breast Cancer Awareness in addition to Halloween, there’s a costume for that!
2. Ice Cream Costume – It’s not everyday you see someone dressed as a giant ice cream sandwich!
3. Sinister Sister Costume – I don’t know if this is sacrilegious, blasphemous, or maybe both, but it’s taking whatever offense it might be to a whole new sinister level.
4. Marvin The Martian Costume – The last time I remember possibly seeing a Marvin the Martin costume was back in the 1970s. I don’t know if they even had them, but if they did they were the awful plastic-y things with uncomfortable masks. Not sure how comfortable this mask is, but it sure looks a whole lot better than back in the day.
5. Star Wars Jabba the Hutt Inflatable Adult Costume – If I didn’t go through Life feeling like Jabba the Hut, I’d be tempted to wear this costume. I think it’s hilarious! (Not sure how easy it is to walk in, though. Bloated as I may be, I don’t have much trouble with mobility.)
6. Rock Em Sock Em Red Rocker Robot Adult Men’s Costume – They’re sold as men’s costumes, but I think they’d be a funny couple costume!
7. Heartbreaker Guitar Red Adult Costume – Who would’ve thought a guitar could be cute and sexy? Or that any piece of it would make a cool little hat?
8. Plastic Surgery Adult Costume – Sign of our times. Both the costume and rampant practice of which is disturbing!
9. Trophy Wife Adult Costume – I just think this is so clever. And funny. A true original.
10. Magazine Cover Penthouse Wedding Issue Adult Costume – There’s a whole slew of these. I decided to include them all, because, again, these costumes are a sign of our star-struck/star-seeking times.
11. Men’s Wolf Granny Costume – What a fun costume! It looks a little warm, which wouldn’t be bad if you were going to be trick or treating out in the cold. But to dance and party in? Might be warm. But it sure would get some respect…and maybe a good spot on the dance floor!
Chandelier Dress Costume – I’m not exactly sure what’s up with the stuff like the guitar, above, or this chandelier, but they do make for some interesting, and very original/out of the ordinary, costumes.
Sexy Eve Costume – The snake and the apple purse crack me up! Talk about clever. What a sinfully great costume!