As explained on the Anthologies page, the release of the Shadow People and Cursed Objects anthology has now been pushed for the third time.
Originally it was intended to come out by September 25, 2015. Then we re-grouped and aimed for December 1, 2015.
Now we’re looking at February 1, 2016. I feel very confident the third time will be the charm. Hoping there won’t be any more hiccups to delay it.
But we can at least share which 13 stories will appear in it. They are:
- Alice J. Black – “The Busby Chair”
- Carl Barker – “Murder for Dummies”
- Ken Teutsch – “The Storm on Promised Land Road”
- S. Mickey Lin – “Lady Winter’s Mirror”
- Sean Ealy – “Fatty and the Nothing Man”
- Keith Karabin – “The South Will Rise Again”
- Bary Charman – “The Black Flowers”
- Evan Dicken – “Doomsday, Every Night at Five”
- Emerian Rich – “Bye, Bye, Blackbird”
- C. Le Mroch – “The Gypsy’s Curse”
- C. Le Mroch – “Comeuppance”
- C. Le Mroch – “Pedro”
- C. Le Mroch – “The Mannequin in the Middle of the Road”
Also explained on the Anthologies page is why C. Le Mroch (a.k.a Yours Truly) has so many stories appearing. Suffice it to say I was originally going to publish an entire anthology of my stories, but then decided to reach out and see if I could find other authors.
The answer to that question was, “Yes.”
Almost 400 authors all told submitted. I ended up turning down several excellent stories, which was crazy terrible. A couple just didn’t exactly fit with the direction the book ended up going, but were incredible stories. Very well told and crafted.
A few others had minor things that made them to where I felt they just weren’t the right pick. I knew what I had in mind, and the stories I ended up selecting were of an uncannily similar vein. It was like I was reading a manuscript from a kindred spirit.
So those were the ones I went with.
I’m excited to let others read the anthology. Hoping everyone gets as big a kick out of the stories –and discovering if they’re based on truth or not- as I did.